As official meal planner for my family, sometimes I fall short of the job requirements. Actually, I fall short a lot of the time. One of my biggest struggles is including fish in our diet. Other than fish tacos, the family always groans at my fish meals.
Today’s Lazy Cook recipe may change things. I found today’s recipe in Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book. It is the easiest fish recipe I have ever come across. And guess what? The kids like it. I hope you will too.
Salmon with Pesto Mayo
4 5-6 oz fresh or frozen salmon fillets
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons purchased basil or dried tomato pesto
1. Thaw fish. if frozen. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. Measure thickness of fish.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. Place fish fillets on greased broiler pan. Tuck under thin edges.
5. Broil 4 inches from heat for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness. Cook until fish begins to flake when tested with fork.
6. Meanwhile, for topping, in a small bowl stir together mayo and pesto.
7. When fish is about done cooking, spoon mayonnaise over mixture over fish.
8. Broil 1 minute more until bubbly.
9. If desired, garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Well, there you go. An easy fish recipe your family will eat…hopefully.
Feeling very grateful for all the blessings in my life. I am glad I have so many people I care about and who care about me.
Thanks for spending the week with me friends. Talk with you soon.