Tired of eating broccoli steamed with a little butter? Well, how about adding some potatoes and sour cream to liven it up? Today’s recipe is from the magazine, Real Simple. I am one of those people who loves broccoli, so this recipe is a winner for me. Wondering if my boys liked it? My oldest son had this to say, “Why did you have to ruin the mashed potatoes by adding broccoli?” Sorry son, but this recipe is good.
Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli
1 pound potatoes (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
1/2 bunch finely chopped broccoli (3 cups)
1/4 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons softened butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. Steam broccoli and potatoes until very tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Drain well and mash with 1/4 cup sour cream and 4 tablespoons butter.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
School starts tomorrow for the big boys. We had a great summer. Looking forward to fall, my favorite season of the year. Thinking about new things for the blog. I will keep you posted.
In the meantime, take good care of each other. Stay well.
Talk to you soon.
- You Like Them Lumpy or Smooth? (squashvalleyproduce.com)
- Potato and Pumpkin Pancakes: They even taste good when burned! (capitalgpotatoes.wordpress.com)